WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE LEVELS OF TANNING BEDS?
Level 1 tanning beds have only 24 low pressure bulbs that produce high levels of uvb rays that may cause sunburn & unwanted reddish color tan. Higher levels feature lower amounts of uvb rayswith an increase in uva rays that produce that nice bronze color and your tan is richer and lasting longer than with a low level.
Not only are your tan times shorter, but it would take fewer visits to the salon in order to maintain your tan.
We no longer offer level 1 beds because we want to improve the quality of your tan & to save your time & money
- Lev 2, 15 min beds - 42 medium pressure bulbs + facial lamps
- Lev 3, 12 min beds - 52 high pressure bulbs, side & shoulder bulbs + facial lamps
- Lev 3, 11 min stand up booth – 46 high pressure bulbs. Great for even tan & pregnancy safe
- Lev 5, 20 min High Pressure 14000 wt bed -High Pressure delivers mostly UVA (tanning ray), filtering out most of the UVB, offering a more bronze tan in less visits.
NEW! LEVEL 5 HIGH PRESSURE BED
A TANNING SESSION IN THE SUNBOARD, AMERICA’S FIRST AND ONLY 4-SIDED PANORAMIC TANNING UNIT, IS AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE.
A design so awe-inspiring, you'll have to see it to believe it! Wide-open, non-claustrophobic environment has no moving parts for ease on entry and exit. Frosted acrylics deliver maximum results while the contoured surface conforms to your body for the ultimate in comfort and relaxation. Intense High-Pressure Lamps are positioned all around for full-body tanning, and the powerful, adjustable fan provides an "air shower" for your comfort.
Tan Time: Maximum 20 Minutes
- Total Lamp Wattage: 17,000w
- High Pressure delivers mostly UVA (tanning ray), filtering out most of the UVB, offering a more bronze tan in less visits
- Long Lasting Deep Bronze Color in less sessions
- Fully Open Non-Claustrophobic Design For Maximum Comfort
- Variable Speed Body Fans
What is a High Pressure Tanning Bed?
It is a tanning system equipped with all High Pressure lamps which are approximately 3-4 inches in length and are behind a special square UV filtered glass (usually dark in color or mirrored). With this specialized equipment, tanning is taken to its purest form. The UVB rays are dramatically reduced and the tanning rays (UVA) are tremendously optimized. This means you will have a beautiful rich tan in JUST 3-5 visits. You will also only require 3-4 visits PER MONTH to maintain that tan.
Will I burn if i use a high pressure tanning bed?
One of the beautiful things about High Pressure Tanning Systems is that the UVB rays are at the barest minimum and the “tanning rays” are tremendously optimized. This means that the margin of error on our part is very small. The odds of overexposure are very low. We may still reduce the exposure time by a few minutes if you are extremely fair skinned or have not tanned in a long while. We do still recommend that you gradually expose parts of the body not normally exposed to sunlight.
Why does the tan last so much longer when usig a High Pressure tanning bed?
The reason a tan from a High Pressure Tanning System lasts so long is that unlike natural sunlight, traditional tube lamp tanning beds or stand ups, this high pressure system does NOT dry out the skin or increase the exfoliation process. Therefore, your skin will maintain its natural 28-day exfoliation cycle. With all other forms of traditional tanning (indoors or out) the UVB rays, even in smaller amounts, will dry out the skin and increase the cycle of exfoliation from once every 28 days to once every 5-10 days. This increased exfoliation will take the tan with it, requiring many more visits to maintain your tan. Those more visits would end up being 3-4 times more sessions vs. using a High Pressure tanning bed to achieve similar results. Now add the amount of lotion usage to tan that many extra more sessions, your gas, and not to mention your time to frequent the salon that much more — all to achieve similar results from what a High Pressure bed can give you in as little as 3-5 visits. As an additional bonus, your skin will never seem dry or tight, but will always be soft and silky.
Why does the tan develops so fast when using a High Pressure tanning bed?
Your skin is capable of absorbing a lot of “tanning rays”. The problem with traditional tanning beds is that the level of UVB rays is much higher. With our High Pressure Tanning Systems, the UVB rays are filtered and the tanning rays are optimized 3-4 times more than what is found in most traditional equipment. This results in a rich tan in just 3-5 visits.
LEVEL 2 TANNING BEDS in our salon are the Solaris 442. It is a 42 lamp, 15 minute tanning bed that offers intense tanning power with the S2 Advanced Technology system. The all-metal Solaris 442 tanning bed features Wolff® system lamps for a beautiful, longer-lasting golden tan. Plus, the Xtreme Reflection™ facial tanners will give you the dark, golden tan you expect from the Solaris tanning bed.
LEVEL 3 TANNING BEDS in our salon are the STARPOWER. There’s No Power Like a StarPower bed. The new facial tanning and cooling system of the StarPower tanning bed will enhance your tanning experience. They feature lower amounts of UVB rays, with an increase in UVA rays in comparison to lower Level beds. So not only are your tan times shorter, but your tan is richer and would last longer than with a lower levels.
- Exclusively designed acrylic sheets allow the maximum amount of UV penetration for more tanning power.
- High gloss shoulder reflector focuses more tanning rays on the shoulders and neck.
- 4 x 40 watt shoulder tanner lamps
- 4 x 400 watt Hereaus facial lamps
- New cooling system increases airflow up to 30 percent!
- Facial fan cools your face and neck to provide ultimate comfort.
LEVEL 3 STAND-UP BOOTH Sun Dazzler - 11 minute max, 46 lamps at 160 watts each.
- Delivering immediate color for dazzling results, the SunDazzler is the answer for vertical tanning
- Receive a faster, deeper, darker tan. Maintain your tan with 2-3 sessions per week.
- Best booth for quick tan if you tan easily. Deep dark lasting color – you can really feel the strength.
- Allows to tan evenly the entire body including armpits.
For people who are extra mindful of sanitary concerns and hygiene - additional reason to consider a stand-up tanning booth. In a stand up bed, you will not have to touch the same surface that other tanners were touching during their sessions. Based on that, you can't help but feel that this type of tanning bed is more sanitary.
In all fairness though, touching the surface of tanning bed will not matter in the long run. The beds have very strong bulbs installed, and the UV light they emit kills most bacteria. In addition, we sanitize our beds after each session – guaranteed.
Mystic Tan gives you the best spray tanning experience from beginning to end. To ensure a flawless tan every time, just follow these instructions!
- · Arrive with clean, exfoliated skin
- · Avoid any lotions, make-up or deodorants
- · Remove all clothing, jewelry and makeup
- · Apply blending cream to hands and feet
- · Follow step-by-step instructions
- · Your tan will continue to develop over the next 24 hours
- Avoid showering or getting wet/sweaty for at least 4-6 hours after your tan
- Be sure to keep your entire body moisturized after your tanning session
- Use Sunless Bronzer to enhance and extend the life of your spray tan